- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Side Dish , Sauces and Condiments Recipes , Sauce Recipes , Dessert Sauce Recipes
Author: Diane Lloyd
This Is A Great Sauce To Serve Over Gingerbread! It Has Been My Favorite Dessert Since I Was A Child!
Number Of Ingredients: 5Steps:
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the water, stirring until blended. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and mix in the butter and vanilla. Serve warm.
Calories 88.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 8.7 mg, Fat 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 23.5 mg, Sugar 14.4 g
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Custard Is A British Institution! Sponge Puddings And Crumbles Just Wouldn't Be The Same Without It! This Will Make A Custard Of A Pouring Consistency. Important: In Order To Have A Smooth (not Lumpy) Custard, Use A Heavy-bottomed Saucepan, And Stir Constantly! If You Have To Walk Away From The Stove, Remove Saucepan From Heat. Another Delicious Find From Great British Cooking.
Yield: 2 cups, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 5Steps:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the milk with the cornstarch in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- When the cornstarch is dissolved, slowly add the rest of the milk and sugar, and cook over moderate heat until the sauce starts to thicken and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with a fork.
- Take a cup of the sauce, and slowly add to the eggs, beating briskly as you pour.
- Return the egg/sauce mixture to the saucepan, stirring into the hot sauce.
- Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and add the vanilla extract.
- Pour custard into a jug or pitcher, and serve.
- Tip: To prevent custard forming a skin as it cools, cover jug with plastic wrap.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Italian Spaghetti Sauce With Meatballs
Side Dish , Sauces and Condiments Recipes , Sauce Recipes , Pasta Sauce Recipes , Tomato
This Is A Recipe I Got From My Mother Years Ago -- It's Great.
Number Of Ingredients: 17Steps:
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more. Serve.
Calories 346.6 calories, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 77.4 mg, Fat 21.2 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 1492.5 mg, Sugar 11.1 g
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes (6 to 8), cored, halved, and seeded
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired), minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Coarse salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
Fresh Tomato Salsa
Food & Cooking , Vegetarian , Pescatarian , Peanut Free , Tree Nut Free , Soy Free , Kosher , Gourmet , Sauces , Wheat/Gluten-Free , No-Cook , main-dish , Tomato , Sugar Conscious , Dairy Free , Summer , appetizer , Quick & Easy , Appetizers , Appetizers and Snacks , Dips and Spreads Recipes , Condiment , Salsa Recipes , Tomato Salsa Recipes , Vegan , Jalapeño , Cilantro , Fat Free
Author: Martha Stewart
In The Height Of Tomato Season, Making A Fresh Salsa To Go With Those Tortilla Chips Is A Must.
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients: 8Steps:
- Chop tomatoes into 1/4-inch pieces; transfer to a medium bowl. Add onion, chile, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice; season generously with salt. Mix to combine. Let stand 15 minutes to develop flavor. Salsa can be kept at room temperature up to 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies (I use "regular" as opposed to "mild" or "hot")
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- garlic powder, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- dried cilantro, to taste (if you dont use fresh)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Yet Another Black Bean And Corn Salsa
This Is A Must For Any Extended Family Get-together When I Double The Recipe. I Also Like This As An Accompaniment To Grilled Chicken Or On Top Of A Baked Potato. Quick And Tasty! (can Sizes Are An Estimate B/c I Don't Have Them On Hand.)
Yield: 20 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 11Steps:
- Except for one can of the Rotel tomatoes, drain canned vegetables.
- Mix together all ingredients, making sure spices are well blended in the veggies.
- Cover and refrigerate, allowing flavors to blend.
- Serve with chips, on baked potatoes, with grilled chicken, on tacos and burritos, or anyway you can think of!
Calories 43.2, Fat 0.2, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 160.4, Carbohydrate 9.1, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 0.3, Protein 2.2
- 3 yellow or red onions
- 12 Roma tomatoes (slightly under ripe is fine)
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 to 3 jalapenos
- 1 lime
Pico De Gallo
Dinner , Side dish , Sauces , Lunch , Supper , Appetizers , Appetizers and Snacks , Dips and Spreads Recipes , Condiment , Salsa Recipes , Tomato Salsa Recipes , Spicy
Author: Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 6Steps:
- Dice up equal quantities of onion and tomato. Roughly chop the cilantro.
- Now, slice 1 or 2 jalapenos in half. With a spoon, scrape out the seeds. (If you like things spicy, leave in some of the white membranes.) Dice the jalapenos very finely; you want a hint of heat and jalapeno flavor, but you don't want to cause any fires. Now dump the four ingredients into a bowl.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice from half a lime the bowl. Sprinkle with salt, and stir together until combined. Be sure to taste the pico de gallo and adjust the seasonings, adding salt or more diced jalapeno if needed.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
The Best Homemade Honey Garlic Sauce
Side Dish , Sauces and Condiments Recipes , Sauce Recipes
Author: Belinda Carter Mcdowell
This Recipe Has Been Used In Our Family For Years. It's Better Than Any Store-bought Sauce And So Quick And Easy To Make! Have Extra Sauce On Hand Because People Will Want To Use It As A Dipping Sauce Too.
Number Of Ingredients: 5Steps:
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in ketchup, honey, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
Calories 42.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.2 g, Fat 0.9 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.1 g, Sodium 226 mg, Sugar 8.8 g
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bread Dipping Oil
Side Dish , Sauces and Condiments Recipes , Sauce Recipes
Author: Calamity Anne
A Delicious Oil Mixture To Dip Chunks Of Italian Or French Bread Into.
Number Of Ingredients: 12Steps:
- Stir together the olive oil, basil, parsley, garlic, thyme, oregano, black pepper, rosemary, salt, red pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the surface of the oil mixture.
Calories 122.1 calories, Carbohydrate 0.3 g, Cholesterol 0.3 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 41.7 mg
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs (about 4-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- MOLE SAUCE:
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
Chocolate , Soy Free , Side Dish , Sauces and Condiments Recipes , Sauce Recipes , Dinner , Bon Appétit , main-dish , Chicken , Sauté , Healthy , High Fiber , Low Cal , Potluck , Mole Sauce Recipes , Cinco de Mayo , Almond , Tortillas , Simmer , Chile Pepper
Author: Taste Of Home
If You're Not Familiar With Chicken Mole (pronounced Mo-lay), Don't Be Afraid Of This Versatile Mexican Sauce. I Love Sharing This Chicken Mole Recipe Because It's A Great One To Experiment With. -darlene Morris, Franklinton, Louisiana
Yield: 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 15Steps:
- Sprinkle chicken with salt; place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Place the tomatoes, onion, chiles, almonds, raisins, chocolate, oil, chipotle pepper, garlic, cumin and cinnamon in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Pour over chicken., Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender; skim fat. Serve chicken with sauce, and sprinkle with cilantro if desired. , Freeze option: Cool chicken in mole sauce. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet or Dutch oven until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Calories 311 calories, Fat 18g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 378mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Slow Cooker Chicken Mole
Side Dish , Sauces and Condiments Recipes , Sauce Recipes , Mole Sauce Recipes
A Dark, Rich, Complex Flavored Mole Recipe. I Generally Shred The Chicken So It Will Soak Up The Mole Sauce And Serve It With Warmed Tortillas. It Is Always A Hit With Those Who Like Spicy Foods. This Recipe Can Be Played With Easily To Tailor It To Your Own Level Of Hotness And/or Cocoa/peanut Flavor. Mole Is A Sauce That Has A Lot Of Variations. I've Even Served It As A Dip With Corn Chips!
Number Of Ingredients: 15Steps:
- Place onion, raisins, garlic, sesame seeds, chopped chipotle pepper, peanut butter and crushed tomatoes in slow cooker. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, and cocoa powder. Place chicken in the sauce.
- Cover; cook on Low until chicken is very tender, about 5 hours.
Calories 288.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.1 g, Cholesterol 58.5 mg, Fat 9.2 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 28.3 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 290.2 mg, Sugar 9.9 g
Sauces | Allrecipes
4 days ago allrecipes.com Show details
11. "If hot sauce is your thing, you will love, love, love this fresh tasty recipe. I first tried a version of this hot sauce in Cameroon, West Africa." – Shilo. Tzatziki Sauce with Dill. 6. Best Marinara Sauce Yet. 2169. 6 Essential Pantry Sauces for Quick Last-Minute Dinners.
› Garlic Butter Sauce I Recipe
› Mustard Sauce Recipe
26 Best Sauce Recipes - Food Network
1 week ago foodnetwork.com Show details
Apr 15, 2022 · The not-so-secret lead to tasty food is a good sauce. Savory or sweet, smooth or chunky, warm or chilled: a good topping is the secret to family-friendly chicken dinners, homemade ice cream ...
› Author: By
30 Best Pasta Sauce Recipes - Insanely Good
6 days ago insanelygoodrecipes.com Show details
Jun 07, 2022 · For this recipe, you’ll combine kale leaves, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. This blend creates a wonderfully smooth, creamy, earthy, and savory sauce that tastes amazing with any pasta. It’s a fun and delicious way of incorporating greens into your diet. 17. Pomarola Tomato Sauce.
Easy Sauce Recipes - 3 Ingredient Sauces From Scratch | Kitchn
5 days ago thekitchn.com Show details
Aug 23, 2019 · 2. 3-Ingredient Roasted Lemon Sauce. Rich and sweet, with a faint bitter edge, this is the sauce you’ll want to drizzle over grilled chicken breast, pork, and salmon. (Image credit: Joe Lingeman) 3. Super-Quick 3-Ingredient Pizza Sauce. Start with some good-quality tomatoes, add a splash of vinegar and some garlic, and you’ll instantly see ...
20 Homemade Sauces for Meatballs - Insanely Good Recipes
1 day ago insanelygoodrecipes.com Show details
Jun 04, 2022 · 20 Meatball Sauce Recipes. 1. Marinara Sauce. The obvious choice for adding marinara sauce to your meatballs is to go to the store and buy a jar of Newman’s Own. However, homemade marinara sauce is so much more flavorful. Plus, it’s not even that hard to make. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare, and then, you’ll let it simmer for about 45 ...
Dressings, Sauces, and Dips Recipes & Ideas - The Recipe Critic
1 week ago therecipecritic.com Show details
The Best Dressings, Dips, and Sauce Recipes for You! The perfect topping to so many different dishes all rests upon the sauce or dressing. This is what can bring your whole dish together and make the biggest difference! So whether it is the perfect marinara sauce you need, alfredo, or even a berry sauce for your desserts, this is the right place for you to look!
Easy Sauce Recipes - 25+ Easy Sauces
2 weeks ago easysaucerecipes.com Show details
Mar 23, 2022 · My Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce recipe is an easy way to make any meal gourmet. It's ready in just 10 minutes using 5 simple ingredients plus salt and pepper. Check out this recipe. Cowboy Butter Sauce. Cowboy Butter Sauce Recipe. Decadent Cowboy Butter Sauce is a dream come true. It's so flavorful and perfect for pairing with everything from beef ...
Easy Sauce Recipes for Every Occasion | MyRecipes
1 week ago myrecipes.com Show details
Peach Ketchup. 1. Sweet, sour, salty, and a bit spicy, with some tomato to prevent it from going too fruity, this condiment is delicious wherever you would put regular ketchup. It's especially good on sweet potato fries, pork dishes, and chicken wings, and could be the base of a really fantastic barbecue sauce.
10 Best Homemade Asian Sauces Recipes | Yummly
1 week ago yummly.com Show details
Jun 19, 2022 · Asian Dipping Sauce Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes. garlic, chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, natural peanut butter and 5 more. Asian Plum Sauce Lady Behind the Curtain. dried plums, soy sauce, garlic clove, water, white vinegar, chicken stock and 1 …
The 19 Sauces That Make Everything Better - Pinch of Yum
6 days ago pinchofyum.com Show details
Kale Chimichurri. Lots of kale and green herbs, olive oil and lime juice, any nuts/seeds you have on hand, and a punch of garlic and red pepper flakes. THE BEST. kale, cilantro, cashews, garlic. Make this Recipe.
15+ Easy Homemade Savory Sauce Recipes - Fork in the Kitchen
1 week ago forkinthekitchen.com Show details
Jul 06, 2021 · Ingredients: chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, sour cream, mayo, cilantro, lime, garlic. MAKE THIS RECIPE. Red Enchilada Sauce. Up your enchilada game with homemade Red Enchilada Sauce – easy, ready in 15 minutes, and full of flavor! Ingredients: dried chiles, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, tomato paste.
23 Fine-Dining Sauce Recipes You Need to Know
1 week ago finedininglovers.com Show details
Jun 29, 2017 · First up are Auguste Escoffier ’s five mother sauces of French cuisine, namely hollandaise, béchamel, sauce tomate, sauce Espagnole and velouté. Of course, from these, literally hundreds of daughter sauces can be made. Click through to find out how to make the five mother sauces. Here’s a great infographic detailing 12 basic sauces ...
10 Sauces for Pork To Instantly Upgrade Suppertime
1 week ago southernliving.com Show details
Aug 25, 2021 · Blackberry-Honey Mustard Sauce. Credit: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller. Recipe: Blackberry-Honey Mustard Sauce. We created this sweet mustard sauce to top our Pork Tenderloin Sliders. It can also be made ahead of time as it will need to be chilled for 1 to 12 hours before serving.
15 Best Steak Sauce Recipes - How to Make Easy Sauces for Steak
1 week ago thepioneerwoman.com Show details
May 21, 2021 · Try chimichurri, cilantro pesto, or Ree's herb sauce. You'll also find a peanut sauce that's perfect for steak wraps and a hoisin-based sauce that's great for stir fry. And for A.1. sauce devotees, there's a copycat recipe that really holds its own! You'll find whatever you're craving in this round-up of the 15 best steak sauce recipes.
35 Homemade Sauce Recipes that Taste Better From Scratch!
1 day ago thefrugalgirls.com Show details
You’ll find Homemade Basil Pesto, BBQ Sauce, Tomato Pasta Sauce, Alfredo Sauce, Greek Tzatziki Sauce, Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix, Homemade Gravy, Cranberry Sauce and so much more. Add a fun twist to your family meals with these easy homemade sauce recipes! 101 Genius Kitchen Tips and Tricks to Save Time and Effort!
Healthy Sauce Recipes | EatingWell
1 week ago eatingwell.com Show details
Tahini Sauce with Lemon & Garlic. 3. Tahini, which is a paste made from ground sesame seeds, makes sauces and dressings super creamy without any dairy or mayonnaise. Use it as a salad dressing, a spread on sandwiches, or a sauce for falafel (see associated recipe, below). By Carolyn Casner.
The 15 BEST BBQ Sauce Recipes - GypsyPlate
1 week ago gypsyplate.com Show details
Jun 25, 2022 · 8. Sweet Baby Ray’s Copycat BBQ Sauce. Sweet Baby Ray’s is the most popular brand of BBQ sauce in America, and for good reason! This recipe is a great copycat is you want to make those same flavors in your own kitchen.
Seafood Sauce Recipes | FishEx Seafoods
2 weeks ago fishex.com Show details
Simple Cocktail Sauce. Tartar Sauce. Tasso Hollandaise Sauce. Wallace Whiskey Sauce. White Clam Sauce. White Sauce. Mix up or cook up some flavorful seafood sauces. Our assortment of recipes can be used with such a large diversity of seafood, you can not go wrong. Looking for sweet, tangy, spicy, creamy, buttery, or even lemony, our recipes ...
14 Sauces for Chicken That Are Restaurant-Quality Gourmet
1 week ago morethangourmet.com Show details
14 Palate-Pleasing Sauces for Chicken. 1. Spicy Lemon Sauce. A zesty start to our list of chicken with sauces recipes features a beautiful balance of sour, spice and sweetness. Lemon juice forms the base of the sauce with ginger and crushed red pepper imparting a gentle heat.
Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe (VIDEO) - NatashasKitchen.com
1 week ago natashaskitchen.com Show details
Jun 24, 2022 · Simmer – Place all of the ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir and bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sauce has thickened. Season – Taste the sauce and season to taste.
31+ Homemade Sauces better than Store-Bought! - Snappy …
1 day ago snappygourmet.com Show details
Oct 28, 2019 · 20. Stir-Fry Sauce – Use this homemade stir-fry sauce for vegetables, chicken, beef, shrimp, and pork. Store in the fridge or freezer for later! 21. Indian Curry Sauce – Basic Indian Curry Sauce, also known as Bhuna Masala, …
10 Best Homemade Sandwich Sauces Recipes | Yummly
3 days ago yummly.com Show details
Jun 16, 2022 · The Best Homemade Sandwich Sauces Recipes on Yummly | Homemade Citrus Cranberry Sauce, Chimichurri Sauce, Hollandaise Sauce. ... Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce KitchenAid. shallot, lemongrass, raw skinned peanuts, Thai chili, tamarind paste and 8 more. Fresh Tomato Vodka Sauce KitchenAid.
20+ Meatball Sauce Recipes – The Kitchen Community
3 days ago thekitchencommunity.org Show details
Source: closetcooking.com. 1. Hawaiian Sauce. When you’re tired of having the same old meatball sauces time and time again, you need to try this Hawaiian sauce. Pineapple, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, and ginger are all you’ll need to …