- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
Apple Pie By Grandma Ople
Desserts , Dessert , Pies , Apple Pie Recipes
This Was My Grandmother's Apple Pie Recipe. I Have Never Seen Another One Quite Like It. It Will Always Be My Favorite And Has Won Me Several First Place Prizes In Local Competitions. I Hope It Becomes One Of Your Favorites As Well!
Number Of Ingredients: 7Steps:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Calories 512.2 calories, Carbohydrate 67.8 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 26.7 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 11.1 g, Sodium 240.8 mg, Sugar 40.3 g
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling dough
- 1 recipe (2 disks) Basic Pie Dough for Apple Pie
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 4 pounds (8 to 10) apples, such as Empire, Granny Smith, Gala, Cortland, Winesap, or a mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Desserts , Food & Cooking , Dessert & Treats Recipes , Dessert , Bake , Thanksgiving , Apple , Pies , Apple Pie Recipes , Pie & Tarts Recipes , Kid-Friendly , Gourmet
Author: Martha Stewart
Baking A Pie From Scratch Takes A Little Patience, But Watching Your Friends And Family Enjoy The Results Makes It All Worthwhile.
Number Of Ingredients: 8Steps:
- Lightly flour a large piece of waxed paper; place a disk of dough in center. Rolling from center outward, form into a 12-inch circle. (Use paper to rotate dough, and flour rolling pin and paper as necessary to prevent sticking.) Transfer dough (still on paper) to a baking sheet; cover and refrigerate. Repeat with second disk of dough.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with a rack set in lowest position. Remove first circle of dough from refrigerator; wrap around rolling pin (discarding paper), and carefully unroll over a 9-inch pie plate. Gently lift edges and lower dough into the pie plate so it hugs bottom and sides. Avoid stretching the dough, which will make it shrink during baking. Refrigerate.
- Place lemon juice in a large bowl. Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/4-inch-thick slices; halve crosswise, and add to lemon juice (to keep them from turning brown) as you work. Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt; toss to combine.
- Remove dough-lined pie plate from refrigerator. Fill with apple mixture, gently packing apples and mounding slightly in center; dot with butter. Lightly brush rim of pie shell with water. Remove remaining circle of dough from refrigerator. Lay over apples; press along moistened rim to seal. Using kitchen shears, trim overhang to 1 inch.
- With floured fingers, fold overhang under itself to form a thick rim; pinch between thumb and forefinger to form a uniform edge around the rim of the pie plate.
- To crimp edges: With thumb and index finger of one hand, gently press dough against knuckle of other hand; continue around pie. (Deep indentations anchor dough on rim and prevent it from sliding down sides of pie plate during baking.)
- With a floured paring knife, cut 5 to 6 slits in top of pie, radiating from center; place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes; reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake until crust is golden and juices are bubbling, 50 to 60 minutes more. If edges brown too quickly, cover with aluminum foil. Cool completely, at least 6 hours, before serving.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, chilled and diced
- ¼ cup ice water
Butter Flaky Pie Crust
Desserts , Pies , Pie Crusts , Pastry Crusts
Butter Makes This Buttery Flaky Recipe The Perfect Crust For Your Pie!
Number Of Ingredients: 4Steps:
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll dough out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
Calories 172.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.9 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 7.3 g, Sodium 155 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie
Desserts , Dessert , Pies , Custard and Cream Pie Recipes , Meringue Pie Recipes , Pie
Make And Share This Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe From Food.com.
Yield: 1 9
Number Of Ingredients: 12Steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To Make Lemon Filling: In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
- To Make Meringue: In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add sugar and cream of tartar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.
Calories 2528.3, Fat 99.8, SaturatedFat 35.4, Cholesterol 725.1, Sodium 1986.1, Carbohydrate 379.8, Fiber 10.5, Sugar 254, Protein 38.3
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 1/3 c water
- 4 large egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 c lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp greated lemon peel (zest)
- 4 large egg whies
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 baked pie shell
Grandmas Best-ever Lemon Meringue Pie
Author: Linda Smith
This Was My Grandmothers Recipe I Had To Go Through Her Notes And Try To Decipher What She Meant I Have Made This A Lot Since So I Must Have Done It Right. Enjoy
Number Of Ingredients: 13Steps:
- 1. Combine sugar, 1 1/2 cups water and salt in saucepan; heat to boiling.
- 2. Mix cornstarch and 1/2 cup water to make smooth paste; add to boiling mixture gradually, stirring constantly; cook until thick and clear. Remove from heat.
- 3. Combine egg yolks and lemon juice stir into thickened mixture.
- 4. Return to heat and cook, stirring constanly Until mixture bubbles again.
- 5. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and lemon peel (zest)
- 6. Cover and cool until lukewarm.
- 7. For Meringue
- 8. add salt to egg whites; beat until frothy.
- 9. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until glossy peaks are formed.
- 10. Stir 2 rounded tablespoons of meringue into lukewarm filling.
- 11. Pour filling into cool pie shell, pile remaining meringue on top and spread lightly over filling' spreading evenly to edge of crust
- 12. Bake in slow oven 325 degrees about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 13. Cool on rack at least 1 hour before cutting.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Gold Medal™ All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (5 to 6 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen Pillsbury™ Deep Dish Pie Crusts (2 Count)
Desserts , Dessert , Pies , Fruit Pie Recipes , Peach Pie Recipes
Author: By Betty Crocker Kitchens
A Homemade Peach Pie Is One Of The Summer's Sweetest Traditions. When Peaches Are In Season, You Likely Have A Whole Bushel Ready To Be Sliced For A Juicy Snack, Added To Yogurts And Parfaits Or Included In A Bowl Of Other Fresh Fruit. There Are So Many Wonderful Ways To Enjoy Peaches, But We Think This Easy Peach Pie Recipe Is One Of The Best. You Need Just 6 Ingredients, 25 Minutes Of Prep Time And Frozen Pillsbury™ Deep Dish Pie Crusts To Make This Recipe For Peach Pie. Soon You'll Be Serving Up Golden Slices Of Peach Pie With A Scoop Of Ice Cream On Top.
Number Of Ingredients: 6Steps:
- Place cookie sheet on oven rack. Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Spoon into frozen crust. While second crust is still in pan and frozen, remove crimp with sharp knife. Remove crust from pan and center frozen crust upside down on top of filled pie. Let thaw 10 minutes; crimp edges together. Cut 2 or 3 slits in top crust. Cover edge of crust with pie shield or foil strips.
- Bake on cookie sheet about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice is thick and bubbly. Cover entire top of pie loosely with foil if crust is getting too brown. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours.
Calories 310, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 170 mg, Sugar 25 g, TransFat 0 g
- 2 1/2 cups or 300 grams all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons or 169 grams unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Yolk of 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water, from 3/4 cup ice water
- White of 1 egg, beaten
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 6 or 7 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced, approximately 5 cups
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup or 30 grams all-purpose flour
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
Perfect Peach Pie
Dessert , pies and tarts
Author: Sam Sifton
Eat A Perfect Peach Under The Summer Sun And You'll Experience The Fruit At Its Messy, Dripping, Sugar-bright Best. Rinse Your Chin And Understand That No Melon, Apricot Or Blackberry Can Compete. But How Often Does This Happen? For Most Of Us, A Great And Truly Perfect Peach Is A Rare Event. We Can Expect But One Or Two A Season, For All Our Trying. Enter The Pie. A Peach Pie Can Elevate Good Peaches To Excellence And Great Ones To The Sublime. Even A Peach Pie Made With Frozen Fruit Is A Terrific Thing. The Addition Of Sugar Helps; So, Too, Do A Dash Of Lemon Juice And A Light Sprinkle Of Nutmeg, Which Offers A Slight Bitterness To Offset The Sweet. Add A Crown Of Vanilla Ice Cream For A Perfect Diner-style à La Mode Effect.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 13Steps:
- Make the pie dough. Using your fingertips or the pulse function of a food processor, blend together the flour, butter and salt until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. There should be pebbles of butter throughout the mixture.
- Add egg yolk and vinegar to 1/4 cup ice water, and stir to combine. Drizzle 4 tablespoons of this mixture over the dough, and gently stir or pulse to combine. Gather a golf-ball-size bit of dough, and squeeze to combine. If it does not hold together, add a little more of the liquid, and stir or pulse, then check again. Repeat as necessary.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and gather together into a rough ball. Divide the ball in half with a knife or a pastry scraper, then divide each portion in half again, and again, to create 8 portions. Using the heel of your hand, flatten each portion of dough once or twice to expand the pebbles of butter, then gather the dough together again in one ball. Divide this ball in half.
- Flatten each ball into a 5- or 6-inch disc, one slightly larger than the other. Wrap the discs in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425. Make the pie filling: Combine sliced peaches, lemon juice, sugar and flour in a large bowl, and gently mix to combine. Set aside.
- Take the larger of the pastry discs out of the refrigerator, roll it out on a lightly floured surface and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Add the peaches. Sprinkle them with the ground nutmeg.
- Roll out second disc of pastry. Place on top of filling. Wet edges of the bottom pastry disc with some cold water. Trim pastry, pinch bottom and top edges together and cut a few slits to allow steam to escape from the pie. Brush the egg white on the top, particularly around the edges, and sprinkle with a pinch of granulated sugar.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375. Cook until peaches bubble and pastry is golden, approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
@context http, Calories 316, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 253 milligrams, Sugar 36 grams, TransFat 1 gram
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe Our Favorite Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 pounds Granny Smith apples (8 to 10)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Apple Crumble Pie
Desserts , Food & Cooking , Dessert & Treats Recipes , Dessert , Pies , Apple Pie Recipes , Pie & Tarts Recipes
Author: Martha Stewart
Tart Apples, Sweet Raisins, And A Crumb Topping Make For A Blue-ribbon Dessert. Pack The Apples In Tightly To Minimize Gaps Between Filling And Crust Once The Pie Is Baked.
Number Of Ingredients: 10Steps:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour, butter, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Work with fingers until large clumps form; freeze.
- On a lightly floured piece of wax paper or parchment paper, roll dough into a 14-inch circle. Carefully fit into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, gently lowering dough into bottom and sides of pie plate without stretching (you will have a 2-inch overhang all around). Refrigerate.
- Place lemon juice in a large bowl. Peel, core, and slice apples 1/8 inch thick, transferring them to the bowl as you work. Add granulated sugar, raisins, cinnamon, remaining 1/4 cup flour, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss to combine. Transfer apple mixture to pie crust, pressing in firmly. Fold dough overhang over filling, pleating it as you work your way around pie; press dough firmly against filling.
- Bake 45 minutes, then sprinkle apple filling with crumb topping. Continue to bake until golden and bubbling, 30 to 45 minutes more. Cool at least 6 hours before serving.
Calories 605 g, Fat 20 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 6 g
- 6 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Crumb Apple Pie
Desserts , Pies , Apple Pie Recipes
An Apple Pie With A Sweet Crumb Topping.
Number Of Ingredients: 9Steps:
- Mix the white sugar 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon and the nutmeg together in a small bowl. Layer apples then sugar mixture. Then repeat the layering until out of apples.
- Mix together the flour and brown sugar and cinnamon and butter. Use a fork until it becomes crumbly. Sprinkle mixture on top of apples.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree F (220 degree C) oven for 40-50 minutes. Cover the top for the remaining 15 minutes to avoid over browning.
Calories 404 calories, Carbohydrate 71.1 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 4.5 g, Protein 2.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 164.9 mg, Sugar 49.7 g
- Dough for single-crust pie
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
Apple Crumb Pie
Desserts , Dessert , Bake , Thanksgiving , Apple , Fall , Vegetarian , Pescatarian , Peanut Free , Soy Free , Kosher , Pies , Apple Pie Recipes , Pie , Food Processor , Fruit , Walnut , Cinnamon , Bon Appétit
Author: Taste Of Home
I Often Brown The Topping For This Special-occasion Pie Under The Broiler To Give It Extra Eye Appeal. Watch It Carefully, Though, Because You Don't Want To Burn Thanksgiving Dessert! It's A Fitting Finale For Any Festive Meal.
Yield: 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients: 13Steps:
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. In a large bowl, combine apples, butter, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into crust. , For topping, in a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling., Bake until filling is bubbly and the apples are tender, 45-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Calories 426 calories, Fat 21g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 225mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.