A Million Recipes
- 12 tablespoons/170 grams unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature but not too soft
- 1/2 cup/100 grams granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups/190 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons/55 grams unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 tablespoons Lyle's Golden Syrup or light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces/226 grams semisweet chocolate, chopped
Desserts , Dessert , Cookies , Dessert , Candies , Bar Cookie Recipes , cookies and bars
Author: Samantha Seneviratne
Plain Shortbread, A Combination Of The Most Basic Ingredients In The Baker's Pantry, Is An Understated Sweet, But Millionaire's Shortbread Is A Spectacle. It's A Flashy Cookie, Topped With Swoops Of Chocolate And Chewy Caramel Made From Condensed Milk, Butter And Lyle's Golden Syrup. A British Confection Made From Cane Sugar, Lyle's Is Found Near The Honey And Maple Syrup In Any Well-stocked Supermarket, But If You Can't Find It, Corn Syrup Makes A Fine, If Slightly Less Flavorful, Substitute.
Yield: 32 bars
Number Of Ingredients: 10Steps:
- Make the shortbread layer: Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour and salt, and beat on low just until the mixture is evenly combined and the texture of coarse sand.
- Tip mixture into prepared pan, and press down firmly into an even layer. Bake until top is dry and light golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Make the caramel layer: In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk, butter, Golden Syrup and salt. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly with a heatproof spatula, until it has thickened and changed from a milky yellow color to the color of butterscotch pudding, 10 to 20 minutes. It should read 220 degrees to 225 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Adjust the heat as necessary to keep the bottom from scorching. Stir in vanilla extract. Immediately pour the caramel over the baked crust and spread it into an even layer.
- Prepare the chocolate: In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt the chocolate in short bursts, stirring often. Spread melted chocolate in an even layer over caramel. Chill until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. To serve, cut the parchment-free sides away from the pan with a sharp knife, then transfer the shortbread to a cutting board using the parchment overhang. Cut into 32 small bars.
@context http, Calories 162, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 77 milligrams, Sugar 14 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- 1 Crust:
- 12.5 ounce all-purpose flour
- 3.5 ounce granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Filling:
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 7 ounce brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Chocolate:
- 8 ounce bittersweet chocolate (6 ounces chopped fine, 2 ounces grated)
Millionaire's Shortbread (atk)
Number Of Ingredients: 14Steps:
- FOR THE CRUST: Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Make foil sling for 13 by 9-inch baking pan by folding 2 long sheets of aluminum foil; first sheet should be 13 inches wide and second sheet should be 9 inches wide. Lay sheets of foil in pan perpendicular to each other, with extra foil hanging over edges of pan. Push foil into corners and up sides of pan, smoothing foil flush to pan. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in medium bowl. Add melted butter and stir with rubber spatula until flour is evenly moistened. Crumble dough evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Using your fingertips and palm of your hand, press and smooth dough into even thickness. Using fork, pierce dough at 1-inch intervals. Bake until light golden brown and firm to touch, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack. Using sturdy metal spatula, press on entire surface of warm crust to compress (this will make finished bars easier to cut). Let crust cool until it is just warm, at least 20 minutes.
- FOR THE FILLING: Stir all ingredients together in large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture registers between 236 and 239 degrees (temperature will fluctuate), 16 to 20 minutes. Pour over crust and spread to even thickness (mixture will be very hot). Let cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE: Microwave chopped chocolate in bowl at 50 percent power, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted but not much warmer than body temperature (check by holding in palm of your hand), 1 to 2 minutes. Add grated chocolate and stir until smooth, returning to microwave for no more than 5 seconds at a time to finish melting if necessary. Spread chocolate evenly over surface of filling. Refrigerate shortbread until chocolate is just set, about 10 minutes.
- Using foil overhang, lift shortbread out of pan and transfer to cutting board; discard foil. Using serrated knife and gentle sawing motion, cut shortbread in half crosswise to create two 6 1/2 by 9-inch rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half to make four 3 1/2 by 9-inch strips. Cut each strip crosswise into 10 equal pieces. (Shortbread can be stored at room temperature, between layers of parchment, for up to 1 week.)
- 250g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 175g butter, softened
- 100g butter or margarine
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 397g can condensed milk
- 200g plain or milk chocolate, broken into pieces
Easy Millionaire's Shortbread
Afternoon tea , Dessert , Treat
Author: Member Recipe By Fetchgirl
Combine The Crunch Of A Shortbread Base With A Gooey Caramel Middle And Chocolate Topping, And You Have Millionaire's Shortbread - The Ultimate Sweet Treat
Yield: Makes up to 24 squares
Number Of Ingredients: 7Steps:
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly grease and line a 20-22cm square or rectangular baking tin with a lip of at least 3cm.
- To make the shortbread, mix 250g plain flour and 75g caster sugar in a bowl. Rub in 175g softened butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Knead the mixture together until it forms a dough, then press into the base of the prepared tin.
- Prick the shortbread lightly with a fork and bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and very lightly browned. Leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the caramel, place 100g butter or margarine, 100g light muscovado sugar and the can of condensed milk in a pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Continually stir with a spatula to make sure no sugar sticks to the bottom of the pan. (This can leave brown specks in the caramel but won't affect the flavour.)
- Turn up the heat to medium high, stirring all the time, and bring to the boil, then lower the heat back to low and stirring continuously, for about 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly. Pour over the shortbread and leave to cool.
- For the topping, melt 200g plain or milk chocolate slowly in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Pour over the cold caramel and leave to set. Cut into squares or bars with a hot knife.
Calories 248 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
6 days ago onemillionrecipes.com Show details
Web • Re-Sizes Your Recipes Up or Down • Generate Nutritional Information • Tag Your Favorite Recipes • Add a Photo Image to a Recipe • Share Your Favorite or Family Recipes. …
• Re-Sizes Your Recipes Up or Down • Generate Nutritional Information • Tag …
› ABOUT US History. ACR International, Easy Chef's One Million Recipes offices are located …
› GOLD EDITION One Million Recipes GOLD Edition. WORLD'S LARGEST RECIPE …
› FAQ One Million Recipes is available for the MAC and PC. It will run on Window 7 or …
› CONTACT US Corporate Office (USA) ACR International, LLC. 223 West 1230 North #102. Provo, …
› BUY NOW One Million Recipes GOLD Edition. Use the "Buy Now" button below to place your …
› Features We start the customer off with well over ONE MILLION recipes separated into 52 …
› Free Recipes 12 oz. cream cheese. 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. 3 tbsp. liquid smoke. 4 oz. sharp …
Amazon.com: One Million Recipes The World's Largest …
6 days ago amazon.com Show details
Web Mar 13, 2006 · Product Description. This recipe software CD-ROM not only has the world's largest collection of gourmet quality recipes, it's also loaded with features that make it fun and easy to use. You …
› 4.1/5 (58)
35 Budget Meals That Taste Like a Million Bucks | Epicurious
6 days ago epicurious.com Show details
Web Apr 13, 2022 · Sausage and Greens Sheet-Pan Dinner. Spicy Italian sausage, crackly-crisp mini potatoes, and hearty greens come together for a quick and easy dinner that’s just …
Indiana pension system lost $200 million-plus in Russia-Ukraine …
3 days ago reporter.net Show details
Web 1 hour ago · Indiana's pension system lost $200 million in two months after Russia invaded Ukraine in early 2022, according to its chief investment officer - but that's loose change …